Saturday, February 9, 2013

In loving memory of Lindsey Cannon

Last night I got the news that one of my childhood friends and fellow dance company member, Lindsey, had past away.  It felt like someone had punched me in my chest.  Most of you know that almost all of my childhood was revolved around dance.  No one can understand the bond that the dance company members have.  Dancers become sisters and brothers, teachers become our inspiration, and the other moms adopt us all as their children, we all become one big family.   We grew up together and spent almost all of our time together even when we were not dancing.  Though years have gone by and we may only communicate thru facebook, the bond will never fade.  Last night, as we all got on facebook and reminisced, was proof of that.  Even though the years have past we are still here for each other just like we were back then.  

  
I am so happy that Lindsey was a part of my life. She had a great personality, could always make you smile, and was such a caring person.  So many of my childhood memories involve her; dance classes, summer dance camp, dance competitions, recitals, cruise ship performances, trips to Disney, sleepovers, pool parties...the list goes on and on. 



















 RIP my sweet friend.  I know that you are up in heaven dancing and that you are now pain free.  

We have a dancing guardian angel watching over all of us now. 
March 3, 1987 - Feb. 8, 2013


No comments:

Post a Comment