Sunday, February 3, 2013

Happy Birthday Grandma!

Yesterday Grandma and Grandpa came over, so the kids wanted to throw Grandma a birthday party since her birthday is Thursday and they won't get to see her that day.  Kelly picked out Valentine cupcake mix for the cake. Both Kelly and Austin love to cook so they took turns helping me make them.




I thought I would be a little creative and make some of the cupcakes look like hearts.





Another thing the kids are great at is being my taste testers, and by their faces I think they turned out great!




For Grandma's gift I wanted to try something that I had seen on Pinterest. The kids love to make crafts so this was right up their alley and I knew it would be something that Grandma would cherish forever.  We took candles and put their art work on them.  All you need is regular paper, tissue paper, tape, sharpies or markers, a candle, wax paper, and a heat gun(I used my hair dryer). Here is the link: http://agirlinparadise.blogspot.com/2011/01/transferring-ink-to-candles.html#.UQ6ENvKfaAo
I love how they turned out.  I am going to have to do some for our house too and do some with their photos on them.




 For the cards we took the bottom of celery and made flowers.  They had a blast doing this and they turned out so cute!



 

You can't have a party without decorations, so I had the kids make a sign while we waited for them to get here.  Kelly was very proud that she wrote hers all by herself.  Austin had a great time coloring and had to help me write his part.  We even put up some streamers.


Grandma was very surprised when she walked in and LOVED her gift!



The cupcakes were a big hit too!



And they even had to play a party game ;)


Happy Birthday Grandma!  Hope we made you feel as special as you are to us!  We are all very blessed to have you in our lives.  We love you bunches and bunches!


No comments:

Post a Comment