Friday, February 15, 2013

Happy Valentine's Day

I wanted to start Valentine's Day off right, so I got up early and made the kids a special valentine pancake breakfast.

 
 

They love pancakes so I knew it would be a big hit.  I wanted to make most of their food heart shaped for the day so I made a heart sandwich, heart strawberries, and chocolate covered strawberry yogurt for Kelly's lunch.  For dinner Kelly had heart quesadillas, and Austin had heart pizza.

They loved their valentine's from Mommy and Daddy.   
 

Kelly loved her big princess coloring pages and her new belts, and Grave Digger was a big hit with Austin.
 

 Chippey the elf even came by and dropped off valentines for them.


 Thanks to Grandma they had the perfect shirts for the day. I even gave Kelly a special valentine hair do. ;)
 
 

 This year Kelly had school. We walked her in so we could help her with all the goodies we got for her class.  This was the first time she got to make valentines for her friends, she was so excited.  Austin and I went home and did what he loves to do.

 

 I could not wait to get Kelly from school and hear all about her day and the special things she did.  It sounded like she had a blast!


As soon as we got home she had to color one of her new princess coloring pages.


We spent the rest of the day playing and watching valentine shows.  I got tons of hugs and kisses from them because they said it was a day of love. :)  We had a great day and I loved teaching them different ways to show someone you love them.  Daddy got home late because of school, but we had our family dinner for love earlier in the week.

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment