Sunday, December 9, 2012

Anniversary getaway

This year for our anniversary we decided to go on our first trip without the kids.  The last trip that was just us was our honeymoon so this has been a long overdue trip.  We went to a beautiful cabin in Pigeon Forge.  This was my very first time being away from the kids over night, Jacob has been away from them before due to business trips.  The longest I have been away from them has only been for a few hours and that has only been a handful of times.  Jacob's parents came down and stayed at our house with them so they would still be at home.  As we left Grandma took them to the mall to ride the train and that helped get them excited so they didn't think about us leaving.  

We left late Friday afternoon so we did not get to the cabin until that night so we just got settled and had some dinner the first night.  The cabin was beautiful and the views...gorgeous!



 








The next morning we went out and walked around Gatlinburg and did a little shopping.  The first thing we did was the sky lift.  I hate heights, but this was so nice. 



 Jacob pulled up some music on his phone so we could listen to Tim McGraw.  The view on the way down was beautiful, I'm so glad he talked me into going on it. 




  Then we picked up some cute shirts to take back to the kids and got some lunch at Bubba Gump Shrimp Co.  Forrest Gump is one of my favorite movies so I was excited to check it out.  It was a cute restaurant with all kinds of pictures from the movie.  The one thing that shocked me was that they did not have Dr. Pepper!  After that famous scene in the movie how could they not have Dr. Pepper?!? But the food was really good, I had the fried chicken. If you are in
Gatlinburg you have to check it out!


 Before we left I had to have my picture taken in Forrest's shoes!


 After going back to the cabin and taking a little nap we got ready for our anniversary dinner at Alamo Steakhouse.  The food was so good and the perfect way to end a great trip with the love of my life.  Before heading back to the cabin we stopped by Three Bears General Store to pick up a gift for Grandma and Grandpa, our family ornament and to feed the bears! 
 


in their new shirts
We had a great time and can't wait to do it again, but it's so nice to be back home with our babies!  Now it's back to the real world.  Thank you Grandma and Grandpa for watching our angels and thank you babe for a nice relaxing trip, it was perfect!  I love you more than words!!

No comments:

Post a Comment